Volunteer Receptionist RCC262
Purpose of this Position
To ensure that all clients and visitors are welcomed at the Centre and their needs are attended to in an inclusive and non-judgemental environment.
- Welcome clients and visitors to the Centre
- Receiving incoming telephone calls and record messages. Pass on messages to relevant staff members and councillors via telephone or email.
- Attend to enquiries both via telephone and face-to-face.
- Check incoming emails and send emails as required
- Confirm appointments for counselling by sending SMS messages to clients.
- Provide information to clients regarding the Centre’s services and activities.
- Accept and record clients for the Centre’s Emergency Relief Program.
- Accept and record referrals for the Centre’s services and activities.
- Assist with day-to-day administrative and general tasks such as:
- Posting and collecting mail
- Restocking brochures, flyers and pamphlets
- Ensuring Notice Boards are tidy and up-to-date
- Tiding the waiting area
- Tiding the reception area
- Other duties as required
Skills, Experience & Personal Qualities
- A commitment to work for the voluntary sector;
- Administration skills or the ability to acquire experience in administration tasks;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Basic computer skills;
- A willingness to help others with kindness and compassion;
What the Organisation Offers
- A role that is varied, flexible and well supported in an inclusive work environment;
- An opportunity to help those in need in our community.
If this position is of interest to you, please forward your expression of interest along with your resume (if we do not have it on file already) to firstname.lastname@example.org