Volunteer NIL’S Worker RCC191
The purpose of the No Interest Loan’s (NIL) program aims to improve client’s assets and or lifestyle.
The role of a Volunteer No Interest Loan’s (NIL) Worker is to assist people experiencing financial hardship by offering a No Interest Loan.
The client may apply for a loan to purchase a product or service that is regarded as an essential item or service. This program is not restricted by postcodes and is open to applicants who have a heath care card and or are low income earners.
- To be able to communicate effectively and be a good problem solver.
- Accepting of other people’s values and lifestyles
- Able to relate to people from various walks of life
- Have a non-judgmental attitude
- Work within a team environment
- Be aware of your own strengths and limitations
- Hold or be eligible to apply for a Blue Card.
- Preview the loan application to identify issues that may affect the application process.
- Conduct one on one interviews to facilitate the application.
- Provide financial conversations and assessment of the paperwork provided.
- Provide a referral service to other relevant areas if appropriate.
- To have knowledge of the different services and pathways of referral.
- To enter all client details onto a database accurately.
- To provide the management committee with monthly reports and six monthly reports.
Skills, Responsibilities and Qualifications
- A good understanding of financial matters would be an advantage.
- A community or social services background, or to be undertaking a current Community Services qualification such as social worker, case worker, teachers, counsellors or have experience in a similar or relevant qualification or program.
- Interview and assess clients impartially in relation to their applications.
- Provide accurate information and/or referral to appropriate agencies.
- Maintain current knowledge of local information/resources available
- Be aware of and adhere to the organisation's policies and procedures and abide by the Code of Ethics
- To undertake assessments in a non-judgemental manner and be aware of cultural values, differences and attitudes
What we offer
- A role that is challenging, rewarding and well supported in an inclusive work environment.
- As needed, ½ to one day per week or as negotiated with Volunteer Coordinator.
- The opportunity to give back to your community.
Please forward your expression of interest to the Volunteering Redlands Team to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a copy of your resume (if we do not have it on file already)