Volunteer Cooks For Lonely Older People SCT198
Do you ever cook too much and have containers of left-overs in your fridge? Would you like to make a difference to a lonely person in your neighbourhood, especially over this holiday period?
We are looking for some very special volunteers to take part in a new PILOT program commencing in the Redlands community. The aim of the program is to help reduce social isolation of the elderly, while observing their general health and wellbeing.
We are looking for:
- Someone who is willing to share a meal with an elderly neighbour (Diner)
- This is not cooking a specific meal for a person – it is sharing a meal (e.g. extra serve) that the family has made.
- Food to be delivered to the client’s home in take-away containers – stop for a chat, say "Hi", let them know you care.
- The program's aim is to help reduce social isolation experienced by some of our elderly through matching a volunteer neighbour (Cook) with a client (Diner), within the same suburb.
- Perhaps you can find out their interests, hobbies, likes and dislikes.
- Also, you could take the opportunity to advise the client regarding other services that may be of benefit to them such as Easy Shopper, transport services, fitness programs or lunch club.
- Need to go through safe food handling and induction for Meals4Mates.
Are you one of those special people who could make a difference locally?
If so, please forward your expression of interest to the Volunteering Redlands Team at email@example.com along with a copy of your resume (if we do not have it on file already)