Volunteer Committee Secretary CS256
Crime Stoppers Brisbane Bayside Volunteer Area Committee is part of Crime Stoppers Queensland which has been operating in Queensland for 27 years. It is a not-for-profit community organisation ‘promoting the anonymous reporting of crime’ we are governed by a volunteer board of directors consisting of a chair, treasurer, secretary and committee members. We are seeking new “committee members” to join our local committee.
Some of the duties include:
- Be an active member of the Committee.
- Attending monthly committee meetings (Second Tuesday of each month -night meetings).
- Ensuring committee meetings are effectively organized, recorded and minutes distributed
- Maintaining effective records and administration functions.
- Upholding reporting requirements of the committee.
- Attending to inwards and outwards correspondence.
- Preparing and arranging the meeting agendas as well as for the annual general yearly meeting.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Computer skills.
- Actively participate in volunteer recruitment.
- This position requires excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Previous knowledge and experience of Committee work is essential.
- Most importantly, we are looking for someone who would be reliable and committed to the role.
- A lap-top computer will be supplied.
- Apart from attending monthly meetings most work can be done from home.
- Good computer and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of all Committee activities and able to provide oversight.
- Be able to develop good working relationships with internally and externally stakeholders.
- Be forward thinking and committed to meeting the overall goals of the Committee and Crime Stoppers generally.
- Have a good working knowledge of the Crime Stoppers Queensland Volunteer Area committee Policy, rules and Guidelines as well as the rules and duties of office bearers.
- Be able to work collaboratively with other Committee Members.
- Be a good role model and a positive image for the organization in representing the committee in other forums.
If this sounds like a position you may be interested in, forward your expression of interest (along with a copy of your resume if we do not have it on file) to: firstname.lastname@example.org