Volunteer Committee Chairperson CS257
Crime Stoppers Brisbane Bayside Volunteer Area Committee is part of Crime Stoppers Queensland which has been operating in Queensland for 27 years. It is a not-for-profit community organisation ‘promoting the anonymous reporting of crime’ we are governed by a volunteer board of directors consisting of a chair, treasurer, secretary and committee members. We are seeking new “committee members” to join our local committee.
Some of the duties include:
- Be an active member of the Committee.
- Facilitate monthly committee meetings (Second Tuesday of each month -night meetings).
- Ensuring the Committee delivers Crime Stoppers program throughout the entire Brisbane Bayside Area Committee’s area of responsibility.
- Endorse new Volunteer member applications.
- Establish, maintain and manage Communications with local Community stakeholders and the greater community to ensure the Committee remains connected with the greater Community.
- Lead all partnership and sponsorship discussions.
- Actively participate in volunteer recruitment.
- This position requires excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills.
- Previous knowledge and experience of Committee work is essential,
- Most importantly, we are looking for someone who would be reliable and committed to the role.
- Good skills in leadership, communications, time and business management.
- Good knowledge of all Committee activities while maintaining an oversight of these activities.
- Be able to develop good working relationships with internally and externally stakeholders.
- Be forward thinking and committed to meeting the overall goals of the Committee and Crime Stoppers generally.
- Forward thinking, receptive to new ideas, programs and opportunities for the Committee’s interaction and promotion with the local Community.
- Have a good working knowledge of the Crime Stoppers Queensland Volunteer Area committee Policy, rules and Guidelines as well as the rules and duties of office bearers.
- Be able to work collaboratively with other Committee Members.
- Be a good role model and a positive image for the organization in representing the committee in other forums.
If this sounds like a position you may be interested in, forward your expression of interest (along with a copy of your resume if we do not have it on file) to: firstname.lastname@example.org