Volunteer Child Carers SOC226
This group is looking for volunteers to help with a new program they are starting. The program is for parents, usually women, who feel marginalised or isolated in our community to engage with other parents. Their goals are around improving life skills, gaining information, and social activities such as craft. Parents can bring their under-school aged children to the group.
This group is looking for volunteers to support and encourage children to take part in activities while their parents are attending the Support Group.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support children to participate in activities by encouraging them to engage in art/craft, reading, construction, dramatic play, singing, drawing, moulding with playdough, playing games, outdoor play in the playground, etc.
- Support children to wash their hands after toileting or before eating;
- Assist children to access water and food and sit with them during eating;
- Work cooperatively, ethically and respectfully with other volunteers, students and workers;
- Develop and maintain respectful, supportive, collaborative and responsive relationships with children and their families;
- Adhere to all organisational policies, procedure handbooks, and work instructions;
- General cleaning duties will include preparing snacks, wiping down tables/chairs, putting away toys and equipment, loading the dishwasher.
- This group is hoping to commence this program on Tuesday February 5th.
- Volunteers must be prepared to commit at least 1.5 hours of their time per week during school term time only.
- Possession of a Positive Working with Children notice (Blue Card), or be willing to obtain.
The group will be facilitated at Manly West.
Does this sound like you? Can you make a difference?
If so, email email@example.com attaching your resume, if it is not already on file with us.