Volunteer Business Manager RNA244
This is a volunteer position with a local sporting club. The Volunteer Business Manager will report to the Operations Manager and Board. They will also supervise the Canteen Convenor, Canteen Assistants (Coffee Cart/Canteen), Fundraising Coordinator. This position requires a commitment of approximately 5-7 hours per week.
Commencement Date will be after the Annual General Meeting in the year of election or appointment and must be available for a one-year term
Payment of out of pocket expenses – phone, travel and consumables (as approved by the Board)
The Volunteer Business Manager has authority to purchase/order necessary products and produce to deliver the agreed menu items. Exercise a degree of autonomy to achieve objectives of the position. Has management and direction of staff and volunteers
The Volunteer Business Manager is responsible for the management of the association’s canteen and coffee cart and any other income producing activity on match days and at other events and functions nominated by the Board and development and growth of all of the association’s income producing activities.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Be responsible for the overseeing and supervising of Employees in any income related activity
• Maintain an overview of the association’s profitability and efficiency of all service points.
• Oversee the employment, training and management of paid staff.
• Develop business strategies towards building RNA income based on values for submission and approval by the Board
• Provide leadership to volunteers and paid staff
• Ensure that members are treated with respect and dignity and should any issues arise, they are to be immediately reported to the Board
• Ensure that prices are monitored, and value-for-money considered
• Maintain security an area of money, keys, arming security alarms, locking all doors and windows, switching off all appliances (except refrigeration units) and restricting entry to sites to only those who are authorised to be there
• Attend regular Managers’ meetings organised by the Operations Manager to table operational matters and communicate to the Board.
• Hold a qualification in financial or business/organisational management or similar experience
• Hold a current driver licence to effectively carry out some activities
• Hold a current blue card or be able to obtain one within a reasonable time of accepting the position
• Agree to undergo a criminal history check as per Netball Queensland’s affiliation requirements
• Agree to sign a confidentiality contract
SKILL REQUIREMENTS AND RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
1. Experience and/or proven ability to fill a role suitable for a not-for-profit, volunteer-based association
2. Excellent organisational skills
3. Demonstrated ability in financial management and business development
4. Demonstrated ability to manage volunteers and staff
5. Sound understanding of work health and safety principles and government requirements in awards and children working rules.
The position will be expected to interact with the following key stakeholders and individual positions:
Board, Managers and Coordinators Association subcommittees and working parties
Other association personnel
Members and parents
Food and equipment suppliers
If this sounds like a position you may be interested in please send your expression of interest direct to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a copy of your resume.