Kiosk Volunteers RHQG246
Redland hospital Auxiliary are requiring Volunteers in the Koala Kiosk. The Koala Kiosk sells a range of gifts and has several people look after the convening of different items, such as a convenor for chips/lollies, craft, toiletries, balloons, flowers etc. so the job is not too onerous on one person.
The kiosk operates two shifts 8.00am-12.00 noon and 12.00 to 3.30pm (12 to 2:30 pm on Weekends). It is a seven day a week operation.
- Smile and greet everyone you meet in a warm and friendly manner.
- Cash handling and Eftpos usage.
- Ensure smooth running of the Kiosk.
- Restock items when required.
- Ensure cleanliness of the Kiosk.
- Liaise with kiosk staff to pick up the Renal morning tea order take the items to the Coochie Café will ring when the food is ready to be picked up and delivered back to Renal.
- Pharmacy scripts for renal unit’s patients should also be collected and taken to the Pharmacy then picked up from Pharmacy at 11.30am each day.
- Undertaking the kiosk trolley around to in bed patients in the Hospital Units.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills; honest, high level of customer service skills.
- Ability to demonstrate discretion in emotionally challenging situations.
- Ability to understand the role of the volunteer Auxiliary member in patient support in a warm and friendly manner.
- Demonstrate reliability, please ring the Kiosk on 3488 3114 if unable to cover your shift at any time or leave details in the communications book.
- Team focus.
Conditions of Employment
- It is a condition of employment for the role for the volunteer to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox) and pertussis (whooping cough).
- An annual flu vaccination is highly recommended for all Metro South Health Volunteers.
If this sounds like a position you may be interested in, forward your expression of interest (along with a copy of your resume if we do not have it on file) to: email@example.com