Companionship Volunteers SCT261
STAR Community Services is inviting volunteers to provide companionship to Redlands seniors in their home. The Companionship Support Program aims to offer much needed healthy social interaction to seniors, to help boost their mental and physical wellbeing.
We’re looking for volunteers to:
- have coffee and chat
- read a book
- assist with craft and hobbies such as gardening, knitting, sewing
- accompany them to social visits, movies ,library, cooking classes, yoga, Tai Chi, swimming, gym, beauty therapy appointments, hairdressers etc
- simply spend some quality time with our elderly.
Enjoy the satisfaction of supporting someone to remain independent with a little help from you.
- Flexible hours.
- Full training and support provided.
- Join us to make some new friends and experience the rich and diverse personalities of our senior residents.
- All positions within STAR Community Services are required to undergo and maintain the following probity checks
- Federal Police Check
- Disability Services Criminal History Screening QLD (Yellow Card)
- It is a requirement of the position to immediately notify your manager and office manager of any changes to your criminal history that will affect your probity status.
If this position is of interest to you, please forward your expression of interest along with your resume (if we do not have it on file already) to firstname.lastname@example.org.