Area Coordinator GRP104
Our community service in the Redlands enhances the quality of life for people affected by mental health issues living in the community. We pair a volunteer with someone in the local community experiencing mental illness - called Friends rather than clients. The volunteer becomes a Friend’s mentor, assisting them to access the community, thus breaking the isolation that is often characteristic of mental illness.
To coordinate all aspects of the operation of our service in a local area; to ensure people affected by mental health issues are appropriately supported.
- Respond to prospective clients (Friends) and Volunteer Support Person (Volunteer) enquiries within 48 hours of receiving a request.
- Meet and sign up prospective clients (Friends).
- Meet and sign up prospective Volunteer Support Persons (Volunteers).
- Advise prospective volunteers of Training Course dates (and explain training is mandatory).
- Match a Volunteer with a Friend.
- Update your Area's Excel database.
- Obtain a monthly report from Volunteers.
- Send a combined monthly report to your supervisor.
- Arrange regular volunteer gatherings for your Area.
- Attend monthly Area Coordinators Meetings.
Key Selection Criteria:
- High level of coordination and organisational skills.
- High level of communication and people skills in mental health or similar area.
- Genuine care and concern for the wellbeing of Friends and volunteers.
- Demonstrated resilience and understanding in personal relationships.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to hear from you - submit your resume by clicking the Apply Now button below - please attach your resume if we don't already have it on file.