Area Coordinator GRP104
Our community service in the Redlands area enhances the quality of life for people affected by mental health issues living in the community. We pair a volunteer with someone in the local community experiencing mental illness - called Friends rather than clients. The volunteer becomes a Friend’s mentor, assisting them to access the community, thus breaking the isolation that is often characteristic of mental illness.
To coordinate all aspects of the operation of our service in the local area so as to ensure people affected by mental health issues are appropriately supported.
- Respond to prospective clients (Friends) and Volunteer Support Person's (Volunteer) enquiries within 48 hours of receiving a request.
- Meet and sign up prospective clients (Friends) and Volunteer Support Persons (Volunteers).
- Advise prospective volunteers of training course dates (and explain training is mandatory).
- Match a Volunteer with a Friend.
- Update your area's Excel database.
- Obtain a monthly report from Volunteers.
- Send a combined monthly report to your Supervisor.
- Arrange regular volunteer gatherings for your area.
- Attend monthly Area Coordinators Meetings.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- High level of coordination and organisational skills.
- High level of communication and people skills in mental health or similar area.
- Genuine care and concern for the wellbeing of Friends and volunteers.
- Demonstrated resilience and understanding in personal relationships.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to hear from you - submit your resume by clicking the Apply Now button below - please attach your resume if we don't already have it on file.